While our customers wait for the product release of the Az/El Rotor System I thought I would provide a few specifications regarding the systems features.
- Nominal Az/El rotation speed of 1RPM, or 5 degrees/Second
- 3 button user interface with back light 2×8 character LCD and 2 Notification LEDs on the Hand Held Controller.
- Full +/- 540 degree Azimuth rotation with 1 Degree minimum movement / resolution
- 180 degree Elevation movement – Limited from 0 to 180 degree. 1 Degree minimum movement / resolution
- PWM motor control with two user controlled turning speeds
- 3 Modes of operation:
- Manual antenna movement
- Automatic antenna movement
- Remote computer controlled movement
- User programmable Vanity Display message
- ‘Any-Direction Calibration’ offering easy antenna system deployment
- Antenna Rotation Jam detection with auto stop
- 4 Conductor Shielded Rotor Cable (50 foot length provided)
- USB Computer interface supporting the GS232A Az/El Rotator Control Protocol.
- 120mA idle current, less than 400mA normal turning current at 12 Volts, both axis
- 12VDC 250ma Accessory power out on Rotor Unit
- Optional GPS Receiver for field portable location reporting
We have other cool features in the rotor system, not listed above too…